ELLs: Co-Teaching and Collaboration Reference Guide
This 6-page laminated quick-reference guide is designed to support all educators of ELLs (ESL specialists, teachers, paraeducators) as they engage in a collaborative instructional cycle consisting of co-planning, co-teaching, co-assessing, and reflecting on practice. The guide identifies and describes the four phases of the cycle, along with the following:
- Collaborative planning framework and tools for collaborative planning.
- Seven co-teaching models, along with advantages and challenges of each.
- Steps and goals of collaborative assessment.
- Four critical questions for reflection on action.
- How to help students meet English language development goals.