The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English Language Arts (ELA) raise the bar to ensure students master the reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language skills they need to be college and career ready in literacy.
Designed for middle and high school teachers, this guide presents an at-a-glance overview of the CCSS for ELA for students in grades 6-12. It is intended to help teachers understand the organization and application of the standards for diverse students, including students with special needs.
Topics covered in this guide include:
- Challenges of the cross-disciplinary design of CCSS for ELA at the secondary level.
- College and career readiness (CCR) - including anchor standards for reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language.
- Differentiating instruction for students at different reading levels.
- Models for measuring and evaluating text complexity.
- Strategies for helping students with disabilities achieve the ELA standards.
Click here to view a larger image of this reference guide.