Give students a head start in achieving the critical knowledge and skills identified in the K-5 Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.
This guide is an essential tool for all ELA teachers striving to ensure students meet the standards in each of the four strands of the CCSS for ELA: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language.
Broken down by grade level, this easy-to-read reference provides a step-by-step approach for teaching students that will help teachers:
- Review ELA standards from prior, current, and following years.
- Determine student levels and then decide topics for a particular timeframe for small groups and individuals.
- Share these topics and goals with students in a child-friendly language.
- Create a task analysis of a standard that includes visuals and graphic organizers.
- Revisit and adjust groups and individual lessons based on formal and informal tests and assessments.
Click here to view a larger image of this reference guide.