No longer is math simply about getting the right answer. Today's Common Core State Standards for mathematics emphasize not only computation, but also encourage students to become critical thinkers.
In one easy-to-read reference, this valuable guide provides teachers with a step-by-step approach to teaching students in grades K-5 the math skills they need to meet the CCSS.
The approach is broken down by grade level and will help teachers:
- Review CCSS in math from prior, current, and following years.
- Determine student levels and then decide topics for a particular timeframe for small groups and individuals.
- Share these topics and goals with students in a child-friendly language.
- Create a task analysis of a standard that includes visuals and graphic organizers.
- Revisit and adjust groups and individual lessons based on formal and informal tests and assessments.
For each step, the guide offers examples, models, and valuable advice for helping the teacher tap into students' skills and learning styles.
Click here to view a larger image of this reference guide.