Top 20 Teachers: The Revolution in American Education
Teaching is a terribly important profession.
Who we are and what we do as teachers make a difference—a terribly important difference—in the lives of students and the future of our nation. Consequently, we need to be aware of what is going on in our students and in ourselves.
Top 20 Teachers: The Revolution in American Education celebrates the power teachers have to develop the potential in students. It provides immediately applicable concepts and practical tools for creating a safe culture in schools where children and adults enjoy working and learning together.
Included are four chapters for coaches, advisors, and activities coordinators to help student participants get more out of their athletic and co-curricular experiences.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Teaching America’s Youth
Top 20 Teachers . . .
Part 2: Coaching America’s Youth
- Have Power to Make a Positive Difference
- Know How to See Things Differently
- Are Aware of Their Thinking and Live Above the Line
- Create Safety and a Positive Work Environment
- Know the Power of Messages and Beliefs
- Create Connections
- Listen to Understand
- Help Students Move Outside Their Comfort Zone
- Answer the Relevancy Question: “What’s in It for Me?”
- Keep Stupid in the Box
- Stop the Spread of Negativity in Themselves and Their School
- Resolve Conflicts Effectively
- Are Aware of What Gets Activated in Them
- Practice Kaizen
Top 20 Coaches . . .
- Are Teachers
- Provide Many Answers to the Question: “How’d Ya Do?”
- Are Gate Keepers of the Dream
- Get and Give Feedback Effectively
People who purchased this item also purchased: